Connect with us

News

Military Reportedly Arrests Attackers Of Owo Church

Published

on

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, has said those behind the attack on St. Francis’ Catholic Church, Owo in Ondo State have been arrested.

Some months ago, gunmen attacked the catholic church and left not fewer than 40 persons dead, and many others injured.

It was said by the Federal Government that the Islamic States of West Africa Province terrorists were responsible for the deadly attack.

The Chief of Defence Staff confirmed in a meeting on Tuesday with editors and media executives that the Owo attackers had been arrested.

Advertisement

Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff said the suspects would be paraded after an investigation had been concluded into the matter.

In his words:

“Within the last time we met, we have recorded remarkable achievement. Let me bring it to your notice that within the same period, there have been ignoble actions of men of the underworld that have impinged on our collective well-being, namely the unfortunate train attack, the attack on Kuje correctional center as well as what has been reported in the past the attack on the presidential convoy.

“Also, the Owo incident which was intended to bring man and women of the armed forces to present them in a form and shape that make it to look as if the nation is on a siege. We have arrested those behind the dastardly act in Owo.

“It was my intention to present them to the public, but because of the investigation still going on, I had to change my mind. I will like to say that in due course, the world will see them and others who are behind other daring attacks in the country.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

People's Voice © 2017