The people of Egbeimene Community in Warri Southwest Local Government, Delta State have been thrown into untold pains and mourning as fire accident destroyed more than 20 houses, rendering more than 100 persons homeless.
The fire according to those who spoke with Thepeoplesvoicengr started about 12am from a house and gutted several other buildings in the community.
Thepeoplesvoicengr learnt that the fire was caused by a candlelight.
Mr. Kemefa Collins, the community chairman, Hon. Governor Stanley, councillor representing the Adu ward, and others called on the local government chairman, Hon. Taiye Jude, the federal and state governments, inclusive of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC to please intervene in this agonising situation the community is passing through at this moment.
Though, it was gathered that no life was lost in the incident but properties and businesses worth millions of naira have been destroyed by the fire.