I am delighted to address you today at this valedictory session of the 6th Legislature, Burutu Local Government Area with gratitude to Almighty God. I congratulate all of us, honourable members who have been divinely privileged to witness the end of a journey we started on this chamber on the 8th January, 2018.
2. I wish to express my profound appreciation to all principal officers and members of this House for the confidence you reposed in me by electing me as the leader of the 6th Legislature. I thank you deeply for the unconditional cooperation that the leadership enjoyed from you throughout these three uninterrupted years. This wonderful cooperation, no doubt, enabled us to have a very stable and peaceful 6th Legislatures with the record as one of the best Legislature in the history of Burutu Local Government Area.
3. Honourable colleagues, on your behalf I make bold to say that the 6th Legislature was a huge success. This is without apology to whoever may hold a contrary opinion. We have witnessed the transformation of those who struggled to move mere motions to eloquent debaters, those who at inception did not understand themselves, working together, in spite of whatever differences. This is the spirit that defined us as legislators.
4. As we take a final bow on the 11th of January, I take pride in our accomplishments in these three unbroken years with our collective efforts. Burutu Legislative Arm became the most vibrant Legislature in the whole of Delta State with detailed documentation on the day to day activities on the media, this also came with sponsoring of some important bills and motions all geared towards the growth and development of our Local Government Area.
5. At this juncture, permit me to extend to myself and all other members who are not returning for the 7th Legislature, my best wishes in our personal and political endeavours. I hope that we will continue to be in touch and continue to maintain that bond that brought us this far as colleagues.
6. Let me acknowledge the fact that I, and perhaps many of us might have made one mistake or another and caused offence among ourselves in the course of our the 6th legislative days. This is alwsys expected since we are humans. May I therefore implore everyone I might have wronged to forgive such wrongs. On my part, I hold no grudge against anyone, and I plead with everyone to forgive his brothers and sisters. Let us leave here today without any resentment or bitterness in our hearts.
7. I want to also use this medium to charge the would-be- members of the 7th Legislature to raise the bar of the records of the 6th Legislature.
8. I thank you all most immensely, once again for your cherished cooperation and understanding with me and the leadership of the house throughout the tenure.
9. I also want to use this medium to appreciate clerk and other staff in the House, our media assistant, civil societies and indeed the peace loving and ever accommodating people of Burutu Local Government Area. You all performed excellently.
10. I also want to specially appreciate our Principal Officers, The Deputy Leader, Majority Leader, Chief Whip, Deputy Majority Leader and Deputy Chief Whip. Thanks to the amazing role you all played. You have a special place in my heart.
11. God bless you all and may God bless Burutu Local Government Area, Delta State and the Federal Republic of Nigeria.